September 14th-16th, 2012
The annual international conference on screenwriting research in 2012 is co-organised by the Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies at Macquarie University together with the Centre for Creative Practice and Cultural Economy at the University of Technology Sydney. The international Screenwriting Research Network is comprised of scholars, writers and practice-based researchers devoted to rethinking the screenplay in relation to its histories, theories, values and creative practices. The aim of the conference is to continue, and expand, discussions around the screenplay and to strengthen a rapidly emerging, and global, research network.
- Adrian Martin (Monash University)
- Helen Grace (Hong Kong Baptist University)
- JJ Murphy (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
The key theme of the 2012 conference is ‘Words & Images’. This speaks to the complex, intertwined, and ephemeral relationships between words and images that screenwriters negotiate. In the age of media convergence, screenwriting forms and practices intersect, in new and unpredictable ways, with other forms that unite words and images: the graphic novel, the comic, illustration, the graphic essay, visual arts and interactive media. The conference includes: morning and afternoon tea, lunch, conference materials and welcome drinks (day 1 only). Registrants need to finalise all payments prior to attending. You will not be able to pay in cash on the day.
- 14 September 2012 to 16 September 2012
- University of Technology, Sydney Aerial Function Centre, UTS Building 10, level 7 235 Jones St, Broadway (map) 15-16 September: Macquarie University Building Y3A, Balaclava Road, North Ryde (map)
- All Welcome
- $270 / $180 – 3 days full price / concession $90 / $60 – 1 day full price / concession Prices are inclusive of GST
- Register now (registration is essential)
- Alex Munt