SRN Executive Minutes – August 2023

Monday, August 21, 2023

Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Anna Weinstein (AW).  ECR Clarissa Miranda (CM)

 

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of 2 previous meetings (June and July)

 

–JC approves June, RF seconds

–RW approves July

 

  1. JC –Newsletter question – Group suggestions for inclusion? Next release date?

 

–JC announces Friday deadline for next newsletter

–RW suggests a reminder for people to register for the Sept conference

 

  1. RW: Update on bids for future conferences: 2024 Palaky, 2025 South Australia, 2026 Oxford Brookes. Armando in Milan sent bid on 7-8-2023 for Milan 2027)- other expressions of interest via email are: Ruth Gutiérrez Delgado rgutierrez@unav.es,

 

  1. Update on Book/Monograph Awards. 5 articles, 2 books as of 8-15. ACTION:

Winners given to Chair by Sept. 9th.  If they can’t be at the conference we ask for a video.

 

–RW reports that the Tom Stempel will be awarded his prize first, and then he will announce the book award winners. JC will have about 10 minutes to introduce the conference for Sept ’24.

 

  1. Working Group Update: CM Report on online meeting between working groups and Early Career Researchers. Also, should we delete the 3rd and 4th ones on the website as we’ve seen no new activity this year (Collaborative/Women in)? ALSO: Status on other forms of social media connection – reviving Instagram/need login password

 

–CM reports that she has created five Instagram posts that will post in the next two weeks. CM asks whether we should have a LinkedIn account. Rosanne says this is a good idea. Early career researchers event, “Intersections between research and practice” – will be Oct 20, 7am AEST.

 

  1. AW: Update on elections/submissions/deadline? New nominee hasn’t registered yet so if we decided to add him we should set a zoom with all of us to meet him first, maybe in the October meeting. Also, need new ECR… Joanne Tindale, other ideas?

 

–AW reports that Lucien is the only applicant/submission for the EC. RW will email Lucien and will make a formal announcement that Isadora and Jan will continue their service. RW reminds EC that we will need a new ECR.

 

  1. IG/RF – Any further updates on membership/new survey response / Update on Google Analytics report and upgrade w/Leeds

 

–RF updates that Rafael stepped in to help so Rose has access to the analytics in case anyone wants details.

 

  1. AW/RF: Update on other Writers Guilds/Post this on page of Website? What else to do with the info? Here’s a spreadsheet with the guild info she’s received so far:

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11G6vN0VXljXTF7LbE1tUCS3gpHmLPt0ZdNXLJ6kcku0/edit?usp=sharing

 

–RF reports that she added links to the website. All agree that this is useful. General discusión of including additional information provided by contributors. AW suggests we shouldn’t add contributors’ names as we didn’t get permission. All agree.

  1. RF: Update on SRN Conversation planning

 

–RF updates on SRN Conversation planning. RF suggests that London has its own Conversation because there are four members, all four at different institutions. Was hoping to have New Zealand representative. Will get back to Kristen and Carmen and hope to have an Oct date.

 

  1. RW: SRN 2023 Conference Update – Registrations coming in/list of presentations posted to website/ Costume Exhibition planned to coincide/moved as many Europeans to Friday as possible for jet lag.

 

–RW reports that everything is coming along, registrations are coming in. RW reports keynote times/decisions: Thursday morning, Meg LeFauve and Loriene McKenna; Thursday evening, Phil Lazebnik; Friday morning, Jeff Melvoin; Sat morning, Meg and Loriene’s podcast.

 

  1. EC job descriptions: find and/or come up with descriptions of all the EC responsibilities.–All agree to return to and review descriptions shared by RF at next meeting after conference. RW suggests we might post on the SRN website after approval from all.

 

  1. Other business

 

Date of next meeting(s): September 19 or 20 (In person at SRN2023 – Time TBD)

Next year’s meeting schedule to be determined by new EC- but let’s set Monday October 23rd for now.

SRN Executive Minutes – July 2023

SRN Executive Council Meeting

MINUTES

Monday, July 17, 2023

Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Anna Weinstein (AW).  ECR Clarissa Miranda (CM)

 

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

JC, AW, CM, RF

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting – await more members in next meeting

 

  1. Strike Statement discussion: SRN statement approved by members via emailed responses. Now, the question of the wording…?  “The Screenwriting Research Network, along with writers guilds around the world, stands in solidarity with the WGA (Writers Guild of America) in their strike action for fair compensation for writers. The SRN would also like to extend our support to SAG-AFTRA (the Screen Actors Guild + American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) as they begin their work stoppage. We hope for a swift and fair resolution for all workers in these industries.”

–on website, newsletter, and listserve

 

  1. JC –Newsletter question – Group suggestions for inclusion? Take Twitter logo off bottom of newsletter as we don’t use it anymore.

JC – Done via email

 

  1. RW: Update on bids for future conferences: 2024 Palaky, 2025 South Australia, 2026 Oxford Brookes. Armando in Milan sent bid on 7-8-2023 for Milan 2027)- other expressions of interest via email are: Ruth Gutiérrez Delgado rgutierrez@unav.es,

 

  1. Update on Book/Monograph Awards. 5 articles, two books as of 7-23. ACTION: We will need a new judge for next year as Eva will step down.

JC recommends:  Last year I nominated Dina Lordanova. I think she would be suitable candidate this year too. (via email)

 

  1. IG/RF – Any further updates on membership/new survey response / Update on Google Analytics report and upgrade w/Leeds

 

  1. RW: SRN 2023 Conference Update – Registrations coming in/list of presentations posted to website/ Costume Exhibition planned to coincide/ moved as many Europeans to Friday as possible for jet lag.

 

  1. Other business

 

Date of next meeting(s): August 21 (Isadora on holiday), September 19 or 20 (In person at SRN2023 – Time TBD)

 

 

SRN Executive Minutes – June 2023

MINUTES

Monday 19th June via Zoom

Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Anna Weinstein (AW).  ECR Clarissa Miranda (CM)

 

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

 

–CM and IGA running late

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting

 

–JC approves, RF seconds

 

  1. JC –Newsletter question – Next one scheduled before or after SRN2023? Group suggestions for inclusion? – update on WGA strike? Updates on SRN2023?

 

–JC confirms the next newsletter will be in Sept. RW asks whether we want to include info/update on the writers’ strike. RF suggests it could be helpful for international SRN members to learn more about the strike, little coverage in other countries. RW gives overview and history of strike. JC suggests we email listserve to ask for comments from international guilds. RF says she’ll email listserve to ask for the names of international guilds as this information can be challenging for researchers to acquire. RW agrees this will be helpful to include in the repository for researchers.

 

  1. RW: Update on bids for future conferences: 2024 Palaky, 2025 South Australia, 2026 Oxford Brookes. Can we solidify one more this year? (Spain, Brazil, Milan?)

 

–RW updates that 2024-2026 conference locations are confirmed. IG reports that she spoke to Armando re Milan for 2027, and he has confirmed interest. RW will correspond with Armando so he can put forward a formal bid/proposal.

 

  1. Update on Book/Monograph Awards. Move to 2 year submission cycles?

 

–RW updates that she spoke the Tom, Eva, and Carmen and there have been only three article nominations and no book nominations to date. Suggestion to move the deadline to mid-July. All agree this makes sense. RF suggests we add a FB post re the book nominations to encourage submissions. RF also points out new page on the website, could be wise to direct traffic to the new page; book award winners will be commemorated online going forward. Open discussion about English language books having an advantage over books written in other languages. RW will email judges to ask whether they are open to guest judges who can read in other languages to encourage more submissions. If judges agree, RW will email listserve to request volunteer readers in other languages to serve as guest judges in years to come.

 

  1. IG/RF – Any further updates on membership/new survey response

 

  1. RW – Update on Google Analytics report and upgrade

 

–RF reports large base of U.S. subscribers but few who are active members. Also reports significant interest and engagement from subscribers in China. RW reminds RF and all that EC member will draft a few paragraphs to share the AGM meeting in Sept.

 

  1. Working Group Update: CM Report on middle year online meeting between working groups and Early Career Researchers to be held in June.

 

–CM reports she was happy to get Kate on board to present at the workshop, date still TBD, but looking at the first two weeks of August. Kate was mentored by Margaret McVeigh in Australia for her PhD, currently living in Australia and working with Disney but originally from Brazil. No new updates about working groups, but she will have more to report for the next meeting.

 

  1. RW/ALL: Update on elections during SRN.

 

–AW reports that she hasn’t received any interest about new EC members. She will put out another call to the listserve in early July.

 

  1. RF: Update: spot on website to post all award winners (books, articles, Tom’s award) permanently.

 

–RF directs EC members to new page on website. All agree it looks great!

 

  1. RF: Update on SRN Conversation planning

 

  1. RW: SRN 2023 Conference Update – RW – Registrations coming in/panels being constituted to post on website/Costume Exhibition planned to coincide/Jeff Melvoin Showrunner training added

 

–RW reports few registrations to date, expects this is due to availability of travel funding, expecting more later in the summer. RW has already started scheduling, will post the presentation/presenter titles on the website shortly. JC suggests international presenters are scheduled for days 2 and 3 to accommodate for jetlag. RW will revisit the schedule with this in mind.

 

  1. CM: Status on other forms of social media connection – reviving Instagram/need login password

 

–RW updates CM that we would like to put out a call on FB for SRN members to self-nominate recent books for book award.

 

  1. RW – Requesting more book reviews for JOS.

 

  1. Other business: Any vacations to consider in planning next meetings?

 

Date of next meeting(s): July 17 (Anna on holiday), August 21 (Isadora on holiday), September 19 or 20 (In person at SRN2023 – Time TBD)

SRN Executive Minutes – May 2023

MINUTES

Monday, May 15, 2023 via Zoom

Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Anna Weinstein (AW).  ECR Clarissa Miranda (CM)

 

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

 

–NA

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting

 

–JC approves, RW seconds

 

  1. JC – Update on newsletter

 

–RW will send JC recent FB post so he can include in the newsletter. JC reports that he will also include information about the upcoming conference, book awards, recent survey data, and the call for nominations for the EC. AW asks whether we can include a cfp for volumes for the new Screen Storytellers series with Bloomsbury. RW and JC agree. RW asks about JC’s deadline for the next newsletter: May 31.

 

  1. IG/RF – Update on membership/new survey response

 

–IGA reports that we now have 250 respondents, which she shared with the EC via Google Drive. Just a few more new responses since our last meeting. IGA suggests we include a reminder in the next newsletter. JC suggests they include a short interview with IGA about the survey; he will reach out to her.

 

  1. Working Group Update: CM Reports on middle year online meeting between working groups and Early Career Researchers to be held in June.

 

–CM will organize the first meeting for August, Margaret McVeigh has already agreed to present (how to do applied research with students studying screenwriting). RF and RW agree that August sounds good, though RW won’t be able to attend. RW suggests CM record the Zoom meeting so anyone who can’t attend can access it later.

 

  1. RW/ALL: Plan time to post about elections during SRN: “Pursuant to Section 5.7 of our Constitution: “The Secretary will make all nominations and statements available to the Membership by no later than 14 days before the date of the election – by Monday 8 September 2023.” So nomination deadline is Aug. 11, 2023.

 

–AW shares the updated call. IGA and RW approve. AW will send out through the SRN listserve now. Asks whether we should resend closer to Aug deadline as a reminder. RF agrees this would be helpful.

 

  1. RF: Update: YouTube/Creating password repository (YouTube channel, login required being sent a one-time code to Rafael’s phone number, -change the setting to new Website coordinator’s phone number) / Institutional memory.– NEW NEED spot on website to post all award winners (books, articles, Tom’s award) permanently.

 

–RF shares that she will create the spot on the website for previous award winners before the next EC meeting. RF gives CM what she thinks is the login/password for FB and said she will search correspondence with Raphael and Paolo to see if she can find it.

  1. RF: Update on SRN Conversation planning

 

–RF updates that she hasn’t received a response from Davinia Thornley and will look to find new contact information.

 

  1. RW: SRN 2023 Conference Update – RW – Registrations coming in/panels being constituted to post on website/Costume Exhibition planned to coincide

–RW updates that everything is coming together for the conference, though few registrations to date. She expects this has to do with when travel funding becomes available for faculty. Since SRN members have expressed a desire for more professional panels, she is considering inviting showrunner Jeff Melvoin to do a presentation on showrunning. (He has a new book out.) She is still deciding, however, since the focus of the conference is women in screenwriting. RW updates that there will be an opening night gala, a joint production of screenwriting and fashion program at Stephen’s College, with exhibits of film costumes. Her students are helping to develop the exhibit.

 

  1. CM: Status on other forms of social media connection – reviving Instagram

–CM reports that she can create a new Instagram account, but it won’t be connected to FB. She doesn’t have the login and password for FB and would like to have it so she can connect the two accounts. She will try the new login RF suggests. RW and IGA discuss existing Instagram account, not an official account but rather through hashtags. CM will create the new Instagram account through FB. IGA suggests that we have a shorter handle.

 

  1. RW – Requesting more book reviews for JOS.

RW reports that it’s challenging to get book reviews for JOS. Shares that she makes a book review assignment for her MFA students and publishes the top two or three in JOS, which gives students their first publication. Students must find their own book to review, looking for international publications (in English). AW says this is a terrific idea, she will plan to do the same.

 

  1. Other business: Any vacations to consider in planning next meetings?

 

Date of next meeting(s): June 19, same time

 

 

SRN Executive Minutes – April 2023

Monday, April 24, 2023

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

–JC apologies

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting

–IGA approves, CM seconds

 

  1. JC – Update on newsletter.

–Postponed until next meeting

 

  1. IG/RF – Update on membership/new survey response

–234 responses total. IGA: most people reply immediately or within the first 24 hours. 42% academics, 10% professionals, 47% both. 45% active members but haven’t attended a conference (and would like to). 43% would like to participate in creating a database of teaching references; 43% uncertain of relevance. 63% do not belong to a working group; 13% belong to comparative studies group; only 2 members of women and screenwriting working group. RW: she will reach out to these members to see if they would like to revive it. 77% interested in collaborating with other SRN members in fostering international research grants or projects. RW: suggests IGA prepare a summary to present at Sept conference. RW: considering adding professional workshops to conference. AW: asks if EC can see the survey, would be nice to know other members with shared research interests. IGA will share via Google drive so we can identify possibilities for new working groups.

 

 

  1. Working Group Update: CM Reports on middle year online meeting between working groups and Early Career Researchers to be held in June.

–CM: she talked to Rafael; he doesn’t have data for Instagram acct; she suggests creating new account. She talked to Max about Gabrielle Marcini, Brazilian screenwriter. Max will let her know whether that will be a good match. CM: says she has created a handful of FB posts but would like Rosanne to approve before she posts. RW: says she will review, also suggests posting about the survey.

 

  1. AW/RW: AW – Update/decision on jury for Teaching Award / Ian MacDonald’s notes.

–AW: shares about revised text (emailed to EC). IGA: suggests we announce the teaching award at the AGM for next year; RW agrees.

 

  1. RW/ALL: Plan time to post about elections during SRN: “Pursuant to Section 5.7 of our Constitution: “The Secretary will make all nominations and statements available to the Membership by no later than 14 days before the date of the election – by Monday 8 September 2023.” So nomination deadline is Aug. 11, 2023.

–RW: suggests that we share/email announcement end of June; will know by Aug 11 if nobody nominates themselves; AW will have announcement ready for review by May meeting.

 

  1. RF: Website Update– Update on- Add “We Welcome All” to top of website;

–Update: YouTube/Creating password repository (YouTube channel, login required being sent a one-time code to Rafael’s phone number, -change the setting to new Website coordinator’s phone number) / Institutional memory.
— NEW NEED spot on website to post all award winners (books, articles, Tom’s award) permanently.– RF: updates on website banner; everyone agrees it looks terrific. RF: wants to thank Phil Nichols on FB and Instagram; suggests we present at conference in Sept, using banner and languages. RW: asks Rose to write a short piece so Jan can include in newsletter. (“If you don’t see your language in there, feel free to send it to us.”) RW: asks if Rose can list book award winners on website. AW: suggests small box at top of Awards tab. RW: suggests book awards should have consistent amount of money each year (been different every year so far). CM: suggests the award is a hotel stay as opposed to cash. RW: that could be challenging because of difference in hotel costs. RF: suggests we don’t make that demand on conference organizers; some conferences have less funding; thinks honor and certificate is most important. AW agrees. RW agrees to go with just the honor/certificate since there isn’t much of a precedent.

 

  1. RF: Record 1 SRN Conversation to catch up so we can do new ones only a year after a new conference has been held/Someone one assisting Rose so they can organize the next.

–RF: says she sent out emails regarding next SRN conversation; needs to find a new volunteer. RW: suggests that we use notes from JOS to write up a report.

 

  1. RW Update Call for hosts – RW emailed Film and Media Studies at University of Navarre (Aug. 7th) but with Czechia, Australia and Oxford on tap we only need one more to fill out 3 year plan. Brazil and Milan (“open to this possibility”)…

–RW updates; not a rush to schedule beyond the next three years.

 

  1. RW: SRN 2023 Conference Update – RW – Registrations coming in/conference dinner being finalized. Added Lorien McKenna to Keynotes/pitch event as podcast recording. Also, “The way we’ve done it in the past is that we bring legal one sheet forms for anyone who wants to pitch to sign (so they don’t sue us later!) Then we take all the signed pitch forms and randomly choose from there.” Also, working on publishing conference procedure with ISBN for SRN2023.

RW: updates on shuffle idea for pitches; those interested in prepping pitches can do so, enter the shuffle, and if selected, terrific!

 

  1. CM: Status on other forms of social media connection – reviving Instagram

–CM updated earlier

 

  1. Other business

Date of next meeting:  May 15 @ same time

SRN Executive Minutes – March 2023

MINUTES

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

Anna W.

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting

IG approves – RF 2nds

 

  1. JC – Update on newsletter/next deadline, share ideas/announcements to include

Next issue out in June.

 

  1. IG/RF – Update on membership/new survey design and disbursement

–IG showed form, RF suggested question about other associations, deadline 3/31 – will send reminder/extension pre April meeting. Then add to info given at AGM at conference and make one more push for answering there.  Then form will go out to all who join listserve regularly.

 

  1. Working Group Update: CM Reports on middle year online meeting between working groups and Early Career Researchers

–Will happen in June w/Maxine – we will also plan monthly meetings for the Working Group.

 

  1. JC – other types of publishable research results (per email on 2/21/2023) SRN website consider publishing shorter pieces that could then be developed more fully for the journal.

–JC – follows last month’s discussion – ideas to support conference attendees who need publication as a possibility to help fund – new options – publish conference proceedings online.

IG – Armando linked conference in Milan – we could talk to him to do that

JC – must prove work is in Scopus –

IG – also true in Spain/importance given to where you publish -JOS is AHCI (Humanities indexed) – there are a lot of conference proceedings published.

RW – Would online publishing by Craig count in AHCI/Scopus?

RF – some conferences request the full paper before approval –

RW – We can ask Craig about why we don’t publish conference proceedings anymore?

RF – in Australia not much travel funds

IG – published conference proceedings for Barcelona conference / organizers secured -ISBN for the publication = Scopus

–https://ficciontvespana.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Nuevas-narrativas.pdf

 

  1. AW/RW: AW – Update on jury for Teaching Award / Ian MacDonald’s notes

 

  1. RW- Need to Post about this year’s Awards w/deadlines and judge’s emails = Tom Stempel, Eva Redvall & Carmen Sofia Brenes say yes to Book Award judging. Carmen and Ian MacDonald say yes to Teacher award committee if we initiate that new award. RW will email: Jule Selbo, Jill Nemnes, Kirsi Rinne, Romana Turina.

 

  1. ALL: Need to post about elections during SRN. Find deadlines for nominations.

 

  1. RF: Website Update–Added the animation on the front of the website or as the first thing when you click “Conferences” tab

–Had password handed over from Rafael Leal

–Found list of photos from past conference – leftover conversation about permission to add photos

RW – can we ask folks to send in photos and use that as permission – could add the option to opt out on enrollment form

IG – How to handle if someone in a group picture doesn’t want to be online  – ask if you send the photo in make sure everyone in it approves

–Institutional memory Update: YouTube/Creating password repository (YouTube channel, login required being sent a one-time code to Rafael’s phone number, -change the setting to new Website coordinator’s phone number)

RW – recovery phone number makes posting difficult – couple of groups don’t ask for verification, we could make that choice

 

RF: SRN Conversations — Sent out invite to organizers of Babelsberg, Santiago, and Davinia

 

  1. RW Update Call for hosts – RW emailed Craig Batty & Paolo Russo and they have agreed to Australia in 2025 and Oxford in 2026. .and Rafael Lael reports “We had a meeting today and we decided that Brazil will apply again to host SRN in the near future. It will be a joint candidacy between our three universities, and we are deciding on where it will take place.”

RW will approach Film and Media Studies at University of Navarre and reconnect to Armando F in Milan (“we are still open to this possibility”)…

 

  1. RW: SRN 2023 Conference Update – RW – Registrations coming in/conference dinner being finalized.

 

  1. CM: Status on other forms of social media connection/Instagram/Discord. New Posts to Make to Members.

–Discord to connected to Gaming community – Prefer Instagram instead of Telegram.

–IG – Whatsapp more often used in Spain

RF – more common in Australia, too.

IG – Instagram more useful for photos

 

  1. Other business

–IG – regarding survey and question about how many conferences have you attended

RW – we have repeat conference attendees which tells us we’re offering a quality event

 

Date of next meeting(s):  April 24 –will be 4pm for Jan and Isadora

Future Meetings:  May 22, June 19, July 17, August 21, September 19 or 20 (In person at SRN2023 – Time TBD)

SRN Executive Minutes – February 2023

MINUTES

Monday, Feb 20, 2023

Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Anna Weinstein (AW).  ECR Clarissa Miranda (CM)

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

Isadora absent so put off IG/RF: Membership Officer update/new form for EC to comment until next meeting.

–Isadora

  1. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting–Jan approves, Rosanne seconds

 

  1. Working Group Update: CM Reports on meeting with Maxine about joining forces and making the middle year online meeting that our work group is working on also an online event for Early Career Researchers–Clarissa updates on mid-year symposium plans; thinking about a July online symposium; everyone will invite working screenwriters from their own country; will be good promotional tool for practitioners as well as informative for members. Good opportunity for Early Career Researchers to get involved.

 

  1. AW/RW: Update on jury for Teaching Award / Ian MacDonald’s notes

–All EC members like Ian’s suggestions re innovation in teaching practices; Rose suggests a less comprehensive teaching award, rather an award for an innovative teaching “idea” or “assignment”; all EC members agree this sounds wise; Jan suggests making it easier for applicants, fewer requirements for nominees; all EC members agree. Anna will draft a new streamlined description for the EC to review at the next meeting. Depending on timing, we will try to beta test for this year. (Possibly call it the Teaching and Learning Award or Teaching and Innovation Award.)

 

  1. RW- Check in w/award judges/ Post about this year’s Awards w/deadlines and judge’s emails/ who would be on the committee/external jury – senior members –(Carmen Sofia Brenes says yes to both book and Teacher award committees, Tom Stempel and Eva Redvall say yes to Book Award judging). Emailed: Ian, Jule (will email: Jill Nemnes, Kirsi Rinne)

 

  1. Call for hosts – RW emailed Craig Batty & Paolo Russo and they have agreed to Australia in 2025 and Oxford in 2026. Also as of 2-17 emailed Armando (“we are still open to this possibility”)….and Pablo Gonçalo pablogoncalo@gmail.com who said: “I think it will be wonderful to host an SRN in Brazil, in 2025 or some years later. Rubens and Carolina, I propose a brief online meeting to talk about it, or we might exchange some emails. São Paulo and Rio sound better to host this event, but UnB, the university I’ve been working at, and other funds here, may collaborate.”

 

Will approach Brazil and Film and Media Studies at University of Navarre.

–Rosanne will be meeting with Pablo via Zoom to discuss the possibility of a 2027 conference in Brazil; will update the EC at the March meeting.

 

  1. SRN 2023 Conference Update – RW- Due to the need for publishing to secure funding for conference attendance can the SRN website consider publishing shorter pieces that could then be developed more fully for the journal.

ALSO – to help people achieve funding for traveling to SRN Craig Batty suggested that the SRN website could consider publishing shorter pieces that could then be developed more fully for the journal – we would need to make decisions on who edits or how much editing would be needed.

–Rosanne updates on the discussion above; Anna suggests it would be unlikely we could edit 60 papers; Jan suggests we could publish brief “letters” describing the research; he will send Rosanne a sample. Rose suggests recorded presentations and table reads, these can also be published on the website; Rosanne thinks Stephens College would be open to publishing papers and recorded presentations on the site. Rosanne will find out and report back to the EC.

 

–Rosanne reports that we currently have approx. sixty submissions for the ’23 conference, expects another five or so.

 

–Rosanne is tentatively planning a welcome dinner/meal for Wed evening, panels will be Thurs/Fri/Sat, Meg LeFauve’s screening and talk will be Sat evening.

 

  1. Institutional memory Update: YouTube/Creating password repository (YouTube channel, login required being sent a one-time code to Rafael’s phone number, -change the setting to new Website coordinator’s phone number) / Institutional memory / Creating a Discord site/Support Working Groups more–Rose will meet with Rafael next week or the following week, will chat with him to get the password.

 

  1. RF: Record 1 SRN Conversation to catch up so we can do new ones only a year after a new conference has been held/Someone one assisting Rose so they can organize the next.–Rose updates plans for a June SRN Conversation; she will begin organizing and sending out invites in April (Germany and New Zealand).

 

  1. RF: Website Update– other info of interest to include (make map of the world with numbers in each country showing who is from where/-put the animation on the front of the website or as the first thing when you click “Conferences” tab)–Rose updates on website progress, expects to have the website changes sorted out by April; will put EC members names/bios on top (above meeting minutes); will work on the map/animation, been educating herself on the tools.

 

  1. CM: Status on other forms of social media connection/Instagram/Discord. New Posts to Make to Members:

–Clarissa is practicing with Discord, will have a full presentation ready for the EC at the March meeting.

 

  1. Other business

 

–Add “We Welcome All” to top of newsletter while waiting to add it to website???

–Rose reports that she has collected scripts for 15 languages; she will pass these on to Jan so he can include in the June newsletter; Rosanne suggests it doesn’t need to perfectly coordinate graphically/design-wise between newsletter and website (even if this aspect of the website redesign isn’t ready by June).

 

Date of next meeting(s):  March 20, April 24, May 22, June 19, July 17, August 21, September 19 or 20 (In person at SRN2023 – Time TBD)

SRN Executive Minutes – January 2023

Monday, Jan. 23, 2023

Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Anna Weinstein (AW).  ECR Clarissa Miranda (CM)

 

Guest(s): Working Group leaders: Romana Turina, Maxine Gee

 

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

 

Rose—

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting

 

JC approves— IGA seconds—

 

  1. Working Groups

 

Max updates on the practice-based research group. Met twice, looking to meet more regularly. Plan to invite a guest each meeting, someone who has done research to share their practice with the group. Regular ECR check-ins and mid-point online symposium. She clarifies that this wouldn’t be a repeat of the conference, rather a way of involving interested folks mid-year. Max would like to involve more masters students, recruitment to get students involved in this area. Good opportunity for MA students to see the research taking place, what they might want to get involved in. She clarifies that we would likely use online spaces, opening it up to more members and students. CM suggests regular Zoom meetings, table read for the next conference in an evening.

 

Romana shared a video update on the comparative screenwriting teaching working group. The group formed at the 2022 conference in Vienna. Currently 50 members and still growing. Romana hosted several ice-breaker meetings in Nov and Dec ’22 and organized a blog to create visibility re comparative screenwriting teaching. There are five subgroups: character development, teaching methods, non-Anglophone traditions, structure analysis, and different industries. Aims are to offer a series of seminars on a pool of topics so members can collect a bank of data. Online Zoom meetings will be open twice for each meeting so members from different time frames can attend. Meetings are currently established, beginning January through June.

 

  1. Isadora Membership Officer Update

 

IGA talked to Rose and got an explanation about process and how it’s evolved. It’s been a long since the membership form has gone out, so she is considering sending out a new form for members to fill out, the type of research they’re interested in, demographics, etc. This will give us a better idea of how many active members we have. RW says it would be good to get a real tally, creating a new form makes sense. IGA says a Google form on Google drive could be a good option; she will create a draft of the form for the next meeting. CM will promote on FB and other forms of social media. JC asks how many active members. IGA says we don’t have an estimate beyond the people who come to the conferences.

 

  1. Status on Posts to Make to Members: Approve new Call for Hosts to follow 2024 Palacký University in the Czech Republic/ Check in w/judges/ Post about this year’s Awards w/deadlines and judge’s emails.

 

RW put out a call for hosts, she will send it out again. JC asks if we will send out a call in the Feb newsletter. RW will email him the call for the newsletter. IGA asks if any institutions have discussed interest in hosting. RW says Milan and Brazil. She will nudge others as well. IGA says the University of Navarra might be interested as they organize a conference every year and already have funding. They were checking to find out when Media and Film will be in charge of hosting. IGA will remind them.

 

  1. Institutional memory Update: YouTube/Creating password repository (YouTube channel, login required being sent a one-time code to Rafael’s phone number, -change the setting to new Website coordinator’s phone number) / Institutional memory / Creating a Discord site/Support Working Groups more / Updating Social Media with postings of scholarships, residencies, teaching/collaborating opps/ Exiting Twitter?

 

RW updates, Rose is working with Rafael on YouTube. RW has thought about a private Discord site, have to invite members to connect people. RW is looking for smaller meetings to connect people. CM says Instagram could be an option. RW suggests Clarissa look into it as another option.

 

  1.   RF: Record 2-3 SRN Conversations this year to catch up so we can do new ones only a year after a new conference has been held…Revisit at the next meeting.
  2. RF: Website Update– other info of interest to include (make map of the world with numbers in each country showing who is from where/-put the animation on the front of the website or as the first thing when you click “Conferences” tab)Revisit at the next meeting.

 

  1. AW: The Tom Stempel Foundation of Screenwriting Research: Inaugural Lecture at SRN 2023

 

RW confirms that Tom S will give the inaugural Screenwriting Research Lecture. Meg LeFauve will be the invited guest for Sat evening. RW is working on additional keynotes, currently looking for a female scholar. AW said she will send her a short list of names.

 

  1. Adjust Constitution: Reorganizing EC member titles and duties/Update Website / ADD ECR / Adding statement on integrity of members / Proposing EC serves for one year and then joins full EC for the next 2. Then can choose to run for another term. This would ensure quality candidates and continued new leadership.

 

RW says she talked to Paolo and there is a statement re duties. She will look into this more for the next meeting.

 

  1. Other business

 

Anna shares description /criteria for possible Teaching Award. RW suggests also including a five-min video as part of the application. IGA says for some teaching positions people are required to do a “sample lecture” – maybe that is something that we can request in video form as well? RW likes this idea. AW asks how we would evaluate who could be on the committee. IGA suggests this might be a good way to involve longtime SRN members who have extensive teaching experience. RW suggests Ian Macdonald, Jule Selbo, and Jill Nelmes and several members who might be interested.

 

Date of next meeting: Feb 20

SRN Executive Minutes – November 2022

SRN Executive Council Meeting

(via Zoom)

Monday, Nov. 21, 2022

7am Los Angeles =

Rosanne 7am

Anna W, Clarissa 10am

Jan, Isadora 4pm

Rose 11pm

 

Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Anna Weinstein (AW).  ECR Clarissa Miranda (CM)

 

  1. Apologies / Take group photo

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting

 

JC proposes / CM seconds.

 

  1. Status on officer handovers – web, ECR, Membership Officer, Secretary. Does anyone need any assistance completing the handover?

 

Rose updates on website progress, all going smoothly. Clarissa updates on Facebook site. Clarissa will send Rosanne ideas about posts for FB until she has access. Rosanne makes a call for all of us to email Clarissa with ideas for postings on FB. Rose suggests that one posting per week would be helpful. We can all help come up with ideas.

 

  1. Status on Posts to Make to Members: Call for Papers for SRN 2023 out / Approve new Call for Hosts to follow 2024 Palacký University in the Czech Republic/ Check in w/judges/ Post about this year’s Awards w/deadlines and judge’s emails.

 

Rosanne suggests that she will craft a call for hosts for the conferences beyond 2024.

 

  1. Institutional memory: YouTube/Creating password repository-Institutional memory/Creating a Discord site/Support Working Groups more/ Updating Social Media with postings of scholarships, residencies, teaching/collaborating opps/ Exiting Twitter?Rosanne suggests that we create a calendar for when different working groups should put out calls via the listserve. Jan says he will add any announcements to the newsletter. Rosanne said the web designer at her college is working on the conference website and will have it ready to go live the first week of December.
  2. Working Group: JC: Sharing site for online lectures and encourage international cooperation/Repository of Screenwriting Curricula developed by SRN members (Motion: shall one member of EC join each Working Group as liason?)Rosanne tells about her work with the WGA and making use of a liason so people know who to contact for more information. Suggests a liason on the EC who can be the liason to the working group. Rosanne will be the liason for Romana’s group, and Anna will be the liason to Max’s group.Rose suggests a new role for a Working Group Coordinator because it will give us more immediate interaction with working groups. Jan suggests that we invite Romana and Max to attend some of the EC meetings. This suggesting moves forward and Rosanne will invite Romana and Max to attend next meeting.

 

  1. RF: Record 2-3 SRN Conversations this year to catch up so we can do new ones only a year after a new conference has been held…Rose says it’s relatively easy to coordinate. She has three SRN members in mind and plans to send out invitations in mid-January.

 

  1. RW: Website brainstorm – other info of interest to include (Add info on where members come from to the About section of the website/make map of the world with numbers in each country showing who is from where/-put the animation on the front of the website or as the first thing when you click “Conferences” tab

Rose suggests a scrolling ‘Welcome All (different countries)’ banner. She doesn’t have the capacity to learn the software at this time but will reach out to Paolo. Anna suggests an email to the SRN members to ask

 

  1. AW: Teaching Award Research / Lifetime achievment award to Tom Stempel at SRN 2023Anna presented idea for the teaching award. Rose suggested it might overburden the EC and we’re not familiar enough with our colleagues’ teaching to fairly judge. Jan thinks the connection between research and teaching is important. Anna will draft the paragraph/proposal for the next meeting.

 

  1. Adjust Constitution: Reorganizing EC member titles and duties/Update Website / ADD ECR

 

  1. Other business

 

Decided date of next meeting:  Jan 23 – same time as Nov meeting

SRN AGM Minutes – Vienna, September 2022

Vienna 23 September

In person – EC + full membership

 

Minutes of previous meeting – unanimously Approved

 

Chair Margaret McVeigh presented the 2021-22 Activity Report which also appears on the SRN mailing list and website. She covered these areas:

 

1.)Introduction of Executive Council:

  • Margaret McVeigh (Chairperson), Griffith Film School, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
  • Rosanne Welch (Secretary), Stephens College, USA
  • Rose Ferrell (Membership and Inclusion Officer), Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia
  • Rafael Leal (Web Coordinator), Pontifical Catholic University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Jan Cernik (Newsletter Editor) Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
  • Isadora Garcia Avis (Newsletter Editor) Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain

ALSO – Shaopeng Chen, China was appointed as Early Career Representative by the Executive Council and co-opted to the EC for the academic year 2021/22.

 

2.)The Executive Council held meetings on a monthly basis from 2021 to 2022 (for  a total of nine not including the March meeting cancelled due to illness). All these meetings were held online via Teams with the last meeting held face to face in Vienna before the day before the AGM. In addition to the regular meetings, its members maintained ongoing communication with one another and with the Membership.  Minutes of all meetings are published on the SRN website.

 

3.)COMMUNICATIONS (Newsletter, Website and Social media)

All relevant activities were publicized via the SRN Newsletter, JISCMail mailing list, and via social media.

 

a.)The Newsletter was regularly sent out to Members and extracts of news items were posted on Facebook. We wish to thank Jan and Isadora who collected all the news from colleagues the world over. Over the past year, the EC has discussed and implemented ways to continue to develop the circulation and outreach of the Newsletter. To that end Jan and Isadora:

  • Developed a completely new design for the newsletter
  • Established a new section with short interviews in order to share the ideas of some members, whether they are scholars or professional screenwriters, or both.

They follow this news cycle: all new items go to the Newsletter first, then are added to the News section on the SRN website and/or to the Local Initiative section (if applicable).

 

b.)The University of Leeds continues to host the SRN website. This has been the case since the SRN’s inception and will continue to be so until July 2026. The hosting cost (£100 yearly) is covered by the School and Media and Communication of the University of Leeds. We thank the University of Leeds for their continuing support.

More details on the EC’s activities regarding the Website and our Social media outlets are included in the Activities section below.

 

3.)MEMBERSHIP

As of 30 June 2022, the Network consists of 731 members. This is an increase of 109 members (+ 17.5%). This is the third year in a row where we have grown by more than 100 members. According to an analysis of JISCmail, the range of countries represented amongst our members is in the vicinity of 40.

 

a.)Diversity and inclusivity

As our membership grows, we are also beginning to see an increasingly wider range in nationalities represented each year. Over the previous 2 years, Rose Ferrell, Membership Officer has periodically put out a call to all our members to invite colleagues, students and admired mentors to join the SRN. This is part of our endeavour to expand the relevance of the Screenwriting Research Network across film industries in diverse regions in the world. This is an ongoing initiative which requires the action of every member of the SRN. Is there a scholar you admire, students who would benefit from the SRN community, or a colleague who is interested in screenwriting and film, we ask you to speak to them honestly about the value you receive from being in the Screenwriting Research Network and you will be assisting us to expand. The EC thanks Rose Ferrell for her constant dedication in liaising with new and existing Members.

 

b.)Reaching Across Borders – Asia Pacific Story Patterns

One of the initiatives taken this year to reach out to new members in the Asia Pacific and to provide opportunities for joint research projects around screenwriting was the Panel Asia Pacific Story Patterns.

 

In July 2022 the SRN Chair, Margaret McVeigh opened the conversation into research into screenwriting patterns in Asia Pacific Storytelling with the panel Asia Pacific Story Patterns held face-to-face and online for SRN Members at the ASPERA (Australian Screen Production Education and Research Association) Annual Conference Creativity Matters: Poetics. Pedagogy. Production. Policy held at Griffith Film School, Griffith University in Brisbane, Australia on Tuesday July 12 2022. The panel session was titled: Opening the Conversation – “How do you tell a story?” — Asia Pacific Story Patterns and involved a presentation by and discussion with filmmakers and screenwriters from the Asia Pacific. Panellists included:

  • Dr Anne Demy-Geroe (Panel Moderator) (Course Convenor Asia Pacific Film, Griffith Film School: President NETPAC (Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema, author, Iranian National Cinema)
  • Dr Anthony Mullins (Award Winning Australian Screenwriter and Showrunner, author Beyond the Hero’s Journey) Professor Park Ki-yong (Chairperson KOFIC [Korean Film Council]; awardwinning Director, Editor, Screenwriter)
  • Ms Anjali Menon (Script writer & Director Ustaad Hotel, Bangalore days, Manjarrikurru; filmmakier India, United Kingdom and the Middle East.)
  • Ms Kodie Bedford (Award winning Australian Indigenous screenwriter & filmmaker)

 

The session involved over 55 participants including the panel members, 30 ASPERA face to face delegates and 20 SRN online participants and was concluded by a Call for Chapters to Asia Pacific Screenwriters and Scholars for a publication proposal in the area. The editors (Margaret McVeigh, Anne Demy-Geroe and Anthony Mullins) welcome proposals that involve collaborations between academics and industry screenwriters and filmmakers.

 

4.)ACTIVITIES

 

a.)Conferences

The current annual conferences is to be held in Vienna, Austria (2022), the next conference is Missouri, USA (2023). The conference to be held Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2024) will now be held in Olomouc, Czech Republic. The Executive will put out a call for conference hosts after 2024 as part of its Action Plan 2022/2023.

 

b.)SRN Awards

The SRN Awards apply to eligible publications between June 2021 and May 2022.

The categories for the Awards are for the Best Monograph by a single author, and the Best Article or Book Chapter in a peer-reviewed journal or other publication. The Executive Council has worked throughout the year to consolidate the process by liaising with the expert jury (i.e. Professor Emeritus Tom Stempel, Associate Professor Eva Novrup Redvall and Professor Carmen Sofia Brenes). The submission guidelines have been added to the SRN website.

The SRN Awards will be announced at the Vienna Conference by jury chair, Eva Novrup Redvall.

 

c.)History and memory archive of the SRN

The EC has continued to develop the historical/memory archive of the SRN, through conversations with previous conference organizers. This includes the work commenced under the previous Chair, Paolo Russo, where the EC began the project of creating a historical/memory archive of the SRN. The result of this was the SRN ‘Conversations’ series, which is on our Youtube channel.

The first conversation is between Ian Macdonald, Kirsi Rinne, Eva Novrup Redvall and Ronald Geerts and is about the early beginnings of the Screenwriting Research Network. In July 2022 we recorded a second ‘Conversation’ with the conference organisers of our 2012 Sydney, Australia conference and our 2013 Madison, Wisconsin conference. Executive Council Secretary, Rosanne Welch, hosted the ‘Conversation’, speaking to Kathryn Millard, Macquarie University, Sydney; Alex Munt, University of Technology, Sydney; and J.J. Murphy (retired) previously of University of Wisconsin, Madison. (Unfortunately, Kelley Conway, who collaborated with J.J. in organzing the Wisconsin conference, was not able to be with us). This Conversation has also been uploaded to the SRN website (screenwritingresearch.com) for you to access.

We began this project because we believed that the SRN is a valuable organisation precisely because of its ‘grass roots’ beginnings. These beginnings saw researchers who were isolated from each other in a field which had barely become recognised as a field of research, reach out to each other. Beginning with a one-day Symposium in Leeds in 2008, the group grew to hold its second conference in Helsinki in 2009, a third in Copenhagen in 2010, and a fourth in Brussels in 2011. One of the important legacies of this beginning is the friendly and open way that SRN members in general welcome newcomers who join us. It drives our enthusiasm for embracing screenwriters and researchers from around the globe – not just the Western world, and is evidenced too, by the fact that we do not charge a subscription fee, as many other organisations do. Another way this is shown as important is that the conferences are organised in such a way as to keep costs down to give the opportunity for all to participate no matter what their circumstances. This culture has been embedded since its inception, and we endeavour to maintain this legacy as we grow larger. For this reason, the Conversations were mooted as a way to preserve a culture of sharing and of friendship which had been so successfully developed through those early years.

 

d.)While looking at our history, it became obvious that we each are holding photos which preserve shared memories. This led to the scoping of another project by the Executive Council, that of creating a Photo album (available via Google Photo) which Members can access to share their past conference photos. Currently, the EC is considering how to administer such a project while addressing privacy issues. We will be continue to work on this over the coming year and welcome your thoughts regarding this.

 

e.)Website and social media action and development

The SRN website was streamlined in 2020-2021. The Executive continues to update and work to make the site informative and rich with knowledge important to SRN Members.

The information below is data generated according to Google Analytics. This allows us to gather useful statistics on our users’ engagement with the website, and helps us plan and put to good use as part of our new inclusivity and diversity strategy.

From August 2020 to June 2022, we had 7,418 users in 9,548 sessions and a total of 17,292 pageviews.

Data data collected so far shows us that:

– users are mostly between 25-34 years old (28.3%) or younger (23.1%);

– 46.8% male, 53.2% female; (we are sorry that Google Analytics does not show any non-binary data regarding gender)

– nearly a quarter of them accessed through mobile devices;

– users come from 134 different countries (in the last report it was “only” 92 countries;

– users come from the US (21.13%), UK (15%), China (6.62%), Australia (6.43%), Brazil (4.41%), Finland (4.15%), Netherlands (3.17%), India (2.68%), Austria (2.47%) and Japan (2.39%).

The Analytics provides several resources that will allow us to spread the word of Screenwriting Research more efficiently, as we make our website more reachable to audiences searching for related content.

The EC wishes to thank Rafael Leal for his excellent coordination and management of our website.

 

f.)Social Media

This year Executive has worked with advice from Marketing experts to fine tune the interconnection of elements of our online print (the newsletter) and social media to create a cycle of news and alerts that links current events but maintains a semi archival repository of interviews, reviews and reports on the website via the Newsletter.

Our social media activities (with particular emphasis on our Facebook presence) were run most effectively by Shoaopeng, Jan and Isadora.

Our Facebook followers are:

  • 41 % female and 57% male;
  • still come mostly from USA, UK and Australia but also from India, Germany,Brazil, Portugal, Canada, Chile, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Ireland,Colombia, and Egypt as per the previous year with new followers from Nigeria and Vietnam
  • still mostly speak English and prefer posts about “international” content (e.g.CfPs, trade news, new publications, etc.)
  • still distributed rather evenly between age groups, which means that the pagestill offers content that is interesting for both young and advanced researchers.
  • The age distribution of our FB followers is below:

Age Group Female Followers Male Followers

25-34    9% 11%

35-44    10% 17%

45-54    11% 14%

55-64    5% 8%

65+       4% 6%

 

g.)The Youtube channel is one year old this year. A reminder it is still possible to access lectures from the SRN 2021 via registration on SRN2020.com website. The lectures do not appear on the YouTube page but can be accessed via this website using a password you will receive when you register. These lectures are available until late in 2023.

 

h.)Working Groups

The SRN has four working groups: one focused on Practice-led research, one on Collaborative Screenwriting, another one on Women and Screenwriting, and one on Teaching Screenwriting.

Last September, the Practice Based/Led working group organised its first panel at the annual conference which involved table reads of research screenplays. This year, the working group once again has organised a Practice focused panel, with actors reading research screenplay excerpts, for the Vienna conference. Maxine Gee the convenor of this working group aims facilitate more activities in the coming academic year.

 

Information about content and contacts for the working groups can be found on our website (http://screenwritingresearch.com/working-groups/). We encourage anybody who wishes to join any of the current groups to contact the relevant coordinators; drop into working group face-to-face meetings at the annual conference or, if you would like to establish a new working group, to initiate discussion among the members so as to set it up.

 

i.)Early Career Representative

The role of the Early Career Representative was introduced to explore pathways that could showcase the work of our early career and PhD candidate members. This last year the role was taken on by Shaopeng Chen who has worked with Jan and Isadora in curating the SRN social media presence as well as contributing to all EC discussions.

The ECR is not elected and remains in post for one year (although the ECR can stand up for re-appointment or for election to an EC position). The Call for Nominations for the new academic year was issued in June 2022. The EC appointed a new ECR at the September 2022 meeting – Clarissa Miranda, Brasil.

 

5.)ELECTIONS

The Executive Council consists of elected members who stand for two years as well as the invited and appointed ECR representative.

  • Two members of the EC ended their terms this year so a Call for Nominations was regularly posted in May 2022 to fill the vacancies.
  • Rosanne Welch, Rose Ferrell stood for election unopposed.

 

The EC encourage all members to consider standing for elections so that the Executive Council itself can continue its role of coordination and steering.

 

6.)MEMBER ACCOMPLISHMENTS

We wish to congratulate all members who completed their PhD, and who have had publications in 2021-22, including for example, the many members whose work has been published through Sightlines: Filmmaking in the Academy and in Palgrave Handbook of Script Development.

 

7.)PRESENTATION OF NEXT CONFERENCE LOCATION

Secretary Rosanne Welch gave a 15 minute powerpoint on Stephens College, Missouri, USA where the 2023 SRN will be held from September 20-23, 2023.  The website:

https://www.stephens.edu/srn2023/

offers information on travel and discounts on lodging. Abstracts due January 6, 2023. Acceptance and Registration opens mid-February.

 

8.)PRESENTATION OF AWARDS

Eva Novrup Redvall presented the SRN award for Best Monograph to s. Anthony Mullins for his book Beyond the Hero’s Journey

and to Alison Pierce for Best Article for her“The Hidden Work of Women in Commissioning and Development in British Television Drama.”.

 

Meeting adjourned 17:30. Next full AGM will be held at Stephens College, Missouri, USA – time TBA