MINUTES SRN Executive Meeting
Monday 25 April 2022 10 pm GMT/UTC
Tuesday 26 April 2022 7.00 am AEST (via Teams)
Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Rafael Leal (RL), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Shaopeng Chen (SC), Margaret McVeigh (MM),
2. Minutes of February 2022 meeting
- Approved – unanimous
3. SRN Conference 2022
- Carmen Sofia new member of SRN Awards committee – confirmed; Eva attending Conference; Tom Stempel & CSB may not be in attendance.
- Claus says registrations are opening soon.
- Lifetime achievements award (a surprise) organized by Claus Tieber;
- Information about flights on website; SRN EC meeting at conference, time will be Thurs am coffee/breakfast 9am before the conference at University.
4. SRN Conversations
- RF – Confirming that we’re happy with list of next interviewees. RL will be tech person. Need Coordinator role, Chair to do interviews/coordinator of discussions. Looking to make the session run faster/reconsider format.
- IG – We can use quick prompts – to get quick responses.
5. Other business
- RF – Still discussing ways to change banner on website – RL recommended using animated GIF for ‘Welcoming’ banner.
- IG – Newsletter running smoothly over email with Jan. We have to decide who will be our interviewee for the next one. We want to include quick questions for others in the network. Editors find it easy to work together on line and on drive.
- MM – Need to send reminder that awards close. Will do on 3rd of May.
- INCLUSION – RF to send out new reminder on asking members to invite colleagues;
- SRN EC Elections – Submit EOI by date? End of July; Next agenda item pls
- IG – Won’t be another newsletter until June.
- MM – In Vienna – 9am Exec meeting Thursday of that week – conference starts at 10am. Next meeting is May 16/17th – relatively soon to this date but due to members not being free the 23/24th.
- RW – Elections for three of us –
- MM – Expression of interest needs to be sent by end of July? Will double check.
- RF – Do we have a provision for voting online? Have we done that in the past pre-Covid?
Meeting adjourned 2:33pm PDT
May 17th – next meeting