This is to call for nominations to the SRN Executive, to serve for the two years 2019-20 and 2020-21.
The AGM will be held at the SRN Conference, at the School of Arts, Catholic University of Portugal, Porto (Portugal) on Friday 13th of September at 18:15. Exact location to be advised by the Conference organisers.
At this AGM, under Section 5 of the SRN constitution (2014) we will receive nominations for members of the Executive Council of the SRN, for which there are three vacancies. Section 5.7 of the constitution says:
“5.7. Nominations for election to the Executive Council, and supporting statements, must be made by members of the Association in writing, and must be in the hands of the Association’s Secretary at least four weeks before the date of the election. These nominations and statements must be available to the Association’s membership no later than 14 days before the date of the election. Should nominations exceed vacancies, there shall be an election by secret ballot.”
As the Secretary, I have asked Ronald Geerts, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, to act as Elections Officer, to receive nominations for the Exec Council, and to impartially oversee the appointment of new members, including management of an election if held.
If you wish to stand for election to the SRN Executive Council, you and your proposer and seconder should be ‘members in good standing’, which means you have signed up on the SRN jiscmail (www.jiscmail.ac.uk) at least a year ago.
So, if you wish to stand for election to the Exec, please send a Statement of no more than 250 words supporting your nomination, plus the names and contact details for a Proposer and Seconder, by Friday 12th July 2019 to Ronald Geerts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider standing for election! I can assure you it is a very pleasurable task, involving monthly skype chats and light duties! Let me know if you have any questions about what it involves, or about this process.
Also open for (re)election is the Early Career Representative within the EC. We’d like to call for nominations, from anyone interested in taking this on for a year. The appointment will be made by the Council, as with any co-opted member. Co-opted members contribute to all and any discussions, but do not have a vote (if it should ever come to that!). The specifics are as follows:
• The Representative should be within 5 years of having completed their PhD, or within 5 years of their earliest work in the area of screenwriting research (if they have no PhD or equivalent).
• ‘early’ therefore refers to duration of experience in the field, and not age.
• Interested persons can self-nominate.
• Names can also be put forward by others, also, but need to be accompanied by information on the nominee and confirmation that they are interested in serving.
• Each nomination should be accompanied by a CV, and a short statement of interest in the appointment (max. 250 words).
• The deadline for submission of nominations is Friday July 12th. Please submit to Claus Tieber (Secretary, SRN) at email@example.com
The Early Career Rep will ‘attend’ the monthly Skype meetings of the Exec Council (which normally last up to an hour), and will take forward any ideas and plans in relation to early researchers, with the support of the Council, of course.
If this interests you, please send in a nomination as soon as possible, and no later than the deadline.
We look forward to hearing from you!