SRN Executive Council Meeting
Monday, July 17, 2023
Circulation list: Rosanne Welch (RW), Rose Ferrell (RF), Jan Cernik (JC), Isadora Garcia Avis (IGA), Anna Weinstein (AW). ECR Clarissa Miranda (CM)
- Apologies / Take group photo
JC, AW, CM, RF
- Approval of Minutes of previous meeting – await more members in next meeting
- Strike Statement discussion: SRN statement approved by members via emailed responses. Now, the question of the wording…? “The Screenwriting Research Network, along with writers guilds around the world, stands in solidarity with the WGA (Writers Guild of America) in their strike action for fair compensation for writers. The SRN would also like to extend our support to SAG-AFTRA (the Screen Actors Guild + American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) as they begin their work stoppage. We hope for a swift and fair resolution for all workers in these industries.”
–on website, newsletter, and listserve
- JC –Newsletter question – Group suggestions for inclusion? Take Twitter logo off bottom of newsletter as we don’t use it anymore.
JC – Done via email
- RW: Update on bids for future conferences: 2024 Palaky, 2025 South Australia, 2026 Oxford Brookes. Armando in Milan sent bid on 7-8-2023 for Milan 2027)- other expressions of interest via email are: Ruth Gutiérrez Delgado email@example.com,
- Update on Book/Monograph Awards. 5 articles, two books as of 7-23. ACTION: We will need a new judge for next year as Eva will step down.
JC recommends: Last year I nominated Dina Lordanova. I think she would be suitable candidate this year too. (via email)
- IG/RF – Any further updates on membership/new survey response / Update on Google Analytics report and upgrade w/Leeds
- RW: SRN 2023 Conference Update – Registrations coming in/list of presentations posted to website/ Costume Exhibition planned to coincide/ moved as many Europeans to Friday as possible for jet lag.
- Other business
Date of next meeting(s): August 21 (Isadora on holiday), September 19 or 20 (In person at SRN2023 – Time TBD)